Our second milestone meant a lot to us as a company but we didn't quite expect the attention it would get from the rest of the community. We shot some new video this week to try and explain better what we did and how we did it, so look for those in future posts. We're also working hard to cleanup the code we used so that all the robot coders out there can get more involved with our open source efforts.
In the meantime, we want to say a big thank you to all of you that have been writing articles on what we've been doing and offering your own perspectives. It has meant a lot to the people around the office when we see these articles show up in our blog readers, when our friends send us links, and when we can forward articles to our moms.
To share that love back, a big thanks to (and sorry to those we missed):
- Engadget: Willow Garage's PR2 robot breaks, enters, steals electricity
- GeekBrief.TV #578: Power Seeking Robot
- Gizmodo: Self-Charging PR2 Robot Travels From Room to Room in Search of Power
- Robots.net: The Willow Garage Robot Opens Up and Plugs In
- IEEE Spectrum: Willow Garage PR2 robot navigates through office, plugs itself into electrical outlet
- New York Times: Opening Doors on the Way to a Personal Robot
- Smart Machines: Willow Garage robot continues to advance
- Bot Junkie: Willow Garage PR2 Navigates An Office
- Dvice: Willow Garage's PR2 navigates crowded offices in its quest to find a power outlet
- Robotic Lab: Willow Garage’s PR2 robot breaks, enters, steals electricity
- Robots Forum: Willow Garage reaches Milestone 2
- Popsci.com: New Robot Opens Doors, Plugs Self In